- Who We Are
- Contact Us
Scrip Fundraising Program
Support Beth El and Reduce Your Dues!
Scrip (gift certificates or debit cards) is an on-going fundraising program for Beth El that can also help you reduce your membership dues. It offers our Beth El congregants another way to help the synagogue raise funds.
Here’s How It Works:
- Shop at local and national retailers that you already patronize – such as ShopRite, Kings, Eden Gourmet, Pathmark, and Maple Kosher locally, and national retailers such as Target, Barnes & Noble, Staples, Gap, Best Buy and many more - over 200 retailers in all! Click Here for the full list of retailers.
- Purchase scrip through the Beth El Scrip Program at face value and use it like cash to make your purchases.
- A percentage of the value is given by the retailers to Beth El - a minimum of 2% up to 17%, depending on the retailer. All the local grocery stores give Beth El 5%. (See the above retailer list for the % for each national retailer.) This revenue stream will help fund important programs at Beth El.
How Can Scrip Help Me Reduce My Dues?
You will also benefit by receiving a credit to your dues obligation, as follows:
- The full amount given to Beth El for your scrip purchase, up to a total of $120 for family memberships and $60 for single memberships.
- Thereafter, 50% of the amount given to Beth El for your scrip purchase, with no maximum.
- The amount of any MasterCard/Visa fees will be deducted from your dues credit, if you choose to purchase your scrip by credit card instead of check.
|Retailer||Annual Amount Scrip Purchased||% Given to Beth El||Amount Benefiting Beth El||Dues Reduction|
|Barnes & Noble||$400||9%||$36||$18 (50%)|
|Land's End||$500||14%||$70||$35 (50%)|
Where Do I Purchase Scrip?
Purchase your scrip by completing this order form and returning it with your payment to:
Congregation Beth El, 222 Irvington Ave., South Orange, NJ 07079. If paying by credit card, you can submit your form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact the office at 973-763-0111.